The Community Children’s Nursing Team provides advice, support and direct nursing care to infants, children and young people from birth to 18 years, who need nursing care and are under the care of a Consultant Paediatrician (19 years for those with complex needs).
The Community Children’s Nursing Service aims to:
- keep children/and young people out of hospital where possible.
- help with early discharge from hospital, as soon as it is safe to do so and provide adequate support to continue recovery/care at home.
- help with nursing care for the child/young person at home or other familiar place e.g. school, relatives, respite.
- give the family and other carers support, equipment and information in order to help the child/young person gain as much independence as possible.
We do this by working in partnership with other health care workers: Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists etc, schools and other services involved with the child.
If the child/young person has a nursing need and their GP is within Lincolnshire they will be eligible for visits from the Community Nursing Team.
Conditions requiring nursing care include:
- Being dependent on technology such as home ventilation or oxygen therapy.
- Complex medication regimes (IV, Subcut, peripheral, CVL).
- Complex feeding regimes e.g. gastrostomy, jejunostomy, parenteral Nutrition.
- End of Life Care, including 24 hour support.
- Acute/chronic or complex needs requiring any nursing procedure which can be undertaken safely at home.
- Dressings for wounds and scalds.
- Taking blood and other specimens.
For Professionals wishing to refer, please contact the relevant area team
How to contact the teams
All team’s working hours are:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm weekdays (excluding Bank Holidays)
Office 01476 464457
E-Mail [email protected]
Office 01522 573784
E-Mail [email protected]
Office 01205 445702
Please be assured that all information is treated confidentially and records that we hold will be retained in accordance with United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust policies and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will ask for your consent if we wish to share your information with other professionals and you have the right to refuse. Very occasionally, we may need to override confidentiality and the need for consent, to prevent significant harm to others or safeguarding issues.
The teams are employed by United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, a non smoking organisation that works to promote healthy lifestyles for its users.
Our staff would appreciate your understanding and ask that you please refrain from smoking whilst they are visiting.
South Team (Grantham)
North Team (Lincoln)
Lincoln County Hospital
East Coast Team (Boston)