Plan your journey by road on Google Maps
If you are dropping someone off at the hospital we have allocated drop off points. Three of these points can be found just outside the main entrance and one outside day surgery.
By public transport
As there is limited parking on site we encourage our staff, patients and visitors to use public transport where possible.
Travelling by bus
You can use Traveline to start to plan your journey by bus.
More information can be found at:
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainable modes of transport. To achieve this, we have dedicated cycle and motorcycle parking areas for members of the public to use. These are located by the main entrance.
Help with transport
If you require ambulance transport you can contact the East Midlands Ambulance Service on 01522 832691. Service desk staff will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are eligible for ambulance transport.
Transport can only be booked four weeks in advance of your impending attendance. The ambulance service desks are open from 8am to 6pm (excluding bank holidays).
Are you entitled to hospital transport?
You are entitled to hospital transport if you need a stretcher for your journey or require oxygen or other medical gases during transit. You will also be considered for hospital transport if you have no other means of transport available and you:
- Are permanently in a wheelchair
- Have a mental health problem, learning disability, speech, sight or hearing difficulty which prevents you from using public transport
- Have a medical condition that would compromise your dignity or cause public concern if public transport was used
- Cannot walk without the continual support of another person or walking aid i.e. zimmer frame or similar
- Experience side effects as a result of your medical treatment or condition which prevent you from using public transport