If you have a relative who has been admitted to any United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust hospital and you would like to send them a letter, message or photograph, please send it by email to email@example.com
The Patient Experience Team will try their best to ensure that all patients receive their messages Monday-Friday.
To make sure we get to the right person we also need you to include:
- the patient’s name
- the ward number or name
- either the date of birth or the address of the patient
If we are unable to verify these details unfortunately, we will not be able to deliver the message. The Patient Experience team will screen all letters before they are printed and given to a patient.
‘Dear Friend’ scheme
Could you be a friend and bring some happiness to someone in hospital? We know that not everyone will receive a letter or message from their loved ones while they are in hospital and so we invite anyone, old or young, to write an anonymous letter to someone in hospital.
Here is some advice for you to follow:
- Address the letter ‘Dear friend’
- Share general information such as your hobbies, garden, seasonal anecdotes (the daffodils in your garden, visiting birds etc)
- Offer some reminiscence opportunities – your favourite places, childhood memories, favourite food etc
- You might want to draw a picture of gardens, animals and pets, artworks, coastal views etc – all help to stimulate conversations and memories
- Ask questions to encourage the patient to think about their own lives – for example, ‘I always enjoy a Sunday roast. What’s your favourite meal?’
- Encourage the recipient to follow government guidance on keeping themselves safe
- Keep your message or letter to a maximum of one A4 side of paper
- Sign your letter with your first name only
- We will remove your personal details from all messages before being sent out
- Add any details that will identify you specifically – address, date of birth, age etc
- Be political or share conspiracy theories
You can email your anonymous letter to a patient to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(These letters will be screened by the Patient Experience team before they are printed and given to a patient).