This will be possible by booking a visiting slot in advance, so that numbers of people on wards can be closely managed whilst the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing.
To be able to carry out the medically urgent and cancer surgeries at Grantham, we need to maintain a COVID free Green site, which means visiting remains suspended on wards at Grantham hospital.
Director of Nursing Karen Dunderdale said: “I’d like to thank patients and their loved ones for their support during the lockdown when visiting was suspended for the majority of patients at our hospitals.
“This is a really positive development for our patients, who get so much from visits from family and friends during their stay in hospital.
“We ask for patients’ families and friends to continue supporting our staff by making sure they book a time slot in advance so that we can ensure social distancing in our hospitals and minimise the risk of spreading coronavirus.”
All visitors should adhere to the following advice:
- All visitors must book an appointment in advance by contacting the ward where their loved one is staying between 8am and 2pm. Contact numbers for each ward can be found on the Trust’s website.
- There will be a maximum of one visitor per patient per day, except at end of life or other exceptional situation when two visitors may be considered if social distancing can be maintained. This decision rests with the nurse in charge.
- Social distancing must be maintained and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks must be worn as directed.
- People must not visit if they have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new persistent cough, loss of taste or smell).
- Visitors must also consider whether someone in their home who may be shielding or in a high risk vulnerable group may be at risk if others from the household visit.
Anyone with concerns or queries about visiting should speak to the ward, or the Patient Advice and Liaison teams at Pilgrim: 01205 446244 and Lincoln: 01522 707071.
Visitors should read the Visiting during COVID-19 Information Leaflet which explains all of the arrangements and precautions.
Jeżeli potrzebujesz uzyskać te informacje w innym języku, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Если данная информация вам необходима на другом языке, просим по эл.почте с email@example.com
Jei pageidaujate gauti šią informaciją kitomis kalbomis, raštu, prašome el paštas firstname.lastname@example.org
Ja jums ir nepieciešama šī informācija citā valodā, e-pastu email@example.com
Se desejar estas informações noutro idioma, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org