We’re looking forward to a great 2018/19.
After a harsh winter, spring is nature’s way of renewing. The weather starts to warm up and spring bursts into life around us. It is also a time of hope, energy and new beginnings.
ULHT has a bright future and there are seeds of hope. In the next few months, we will publish our 2021 strategy: ‘A different Lincolnshire. A great ULHT’.
Last year we set down the roots to turnaround the Trust for the benefit of our patients and staff by publishing the 2021 roadmap. Following this preparation, 2018/19 will be the year that ULHT blooms and we turn the plan into a reality.
This cultivation means the Trust’s plans and priorities for the new financial year will be structured around the five programmes in the 2021 strategy. All our energy, resources and commitment will be organised to deliver these:
1. Improving quality and safety
We will focus on having the right numbers of staff, preventing infections, and developing a culture of safety.
• Cancer 62 day
• A&E standard
• Improve safety culture through learning.
• Fire compliance
2. Saving money and improving our environment
We will be smarter, saving money and modernising our buildings.
• Delivery of financial savings plan and control total
• Supporting better healthcare through better infrastructure
3. Redesigning our clinical services
We will make sure patients will get the right care first time.
• Mobilise acute services review (ASR) plan once approved
• Improve governance (well led, clinical director structures)
• Orthopaedic services hot and cold site implementation
4. Delivering productive services
We will deliver great patient experiences by improving our systems and processes.
• Theatre productivity/reducing cancelled operations
• Nationally be in the top quartile for length of stay
• E-prescribing and e-health records
5. Developing the workforce to meet future needs
We will retain and recruit more staff. Staff will be well trained, healthy and supported.
• Reduce pay costs
• Increase percentage of staff who would recommend us as a place to work
ULHT’s ambition is to be a great Trust, to provide excellence in rural healthcare and to do this we know that we need to change. But we can’t do it on our own – we need all staff to come on this journey with us together.
Watch out for more information in the next few weeks.