NHS Blood and Transplant are working with the rest of the NHS to keep supplying lifesaving blood to hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.
Following the Government’s announcement, it has been confirmed that blood donation is classed as essential travel under the category of ‘medical need and helping a vulnerable person’.
We would like to remind everyone that:
- Travel to donate blood is classed as essential travel.
- We need people to keep donating blood as normal. Giving blood saves lives.
- If you are fit and well, please try to keep your appointment or book for the future.
- Visit www.nhsbt.nhs.uk for more information
- Donor centres are open, extra safety measures are in place, and staff are taking special measures to provide a clean and safe space for you to donate.