We can confirm that we have a number of confirmed COVID-19 in our hospitals. Every infection prevention precaution is being taken, including caring for these patients in isolation. Our staff caring for the patients are trained and equipped to do so safely.
We would encourage people to visit www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19 for the latest information on COVID-19, to find out what the symptoms are and how to help prevent the spread.
- Everyone has a role to play in helping to prevent the spread of infection. Please help by following the public health advice:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.