Getting ready to leave hospital
Feeding your baby
- Attaching your baby to the breast, by Global Health Media.
- Breastfeeding in the first hours after birth, by Global Health Media.
Breastfeeding support available in Lincolnshire:
- Breast/chest feeding groups – you are welcome to attend a breastfeeding group in pregnancy, this can be a helpful way to learn more about breastfeeding from other mothers.
- Midwives and health visitors.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline – 0300 100 0212 open 9.30am to 9.30pm 365 days a year.
- Specialist Midwife Infant Feeding team – for more complex challenges you can ask you midwife for a referral to the Infant Feeding team.
More information on formula milk is available from the First Steps Nutrition Trust website.
Building a happy baby
Coping with baby crying
Pelvic floor exercises
Safer sleep for babies
Registration of your baby’s birth
All births in England, Wales and Northern Ireland must be registered within 42 days of the child being born.
You should do this at the local register office for the area where the baby was born or at the hospital before the mother leaves. The hospital will tell you if you can register the birth there.
More information can be found in the registration of a baby’s birth leaflet.
Sex and contraception after birth
What is the DadPad?
It’s the essential guide for new dads, developed with the NHS.
Why do you need it?
As a new dad you will feel excited, but you may also feel left out, unsure or overwhelmed. The DadPad can help by giving you the knowledge and practical skills that you need. The resource will support you and your partner to give your baby the best possible start in life.
Leaflets in other languages
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-punjabi
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-romanian
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-russian
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-welsh
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-urdu
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-turkish
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-tamil
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-spanish
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-somali
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-slovakian
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-arabic
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-bengali
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-chinese
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-cantonese
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-czech
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-english
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-farsi
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-portuguese
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-polish
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-lithuanian
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-kurdish
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-latvian
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-gujarati
- Lullaby Trust Safer Sleep easy-read-card-fillipino