Lincoln labour ward –(01522) 573140
Pilgrim labour ward – (01205) 445424
Lincoln antenatal assessment centre (24 hours) – (01522) 573138
Pilgrim antenatal assessment unit (8.45am to 4.45pm) – (01205) 445144
We have been working hard reviewing guidance, ordering and installing equipment and looking at innovative ways we can reintroduce further visiting to the Maternity wards and Antenatal Appointments. Please see this leaflet for full guidance. From Tuesday 15th September:
- Partners can attend all Early Pregnancy (EPAU) scans
- Partners can continue to attend the 12/40 USS Scan
- Partners can now attend the 20/40 USS
- Partners can now attend 36/40 Consultant Appointments in ANC at the hospitals
- Women should still attend Community Midwifery appointments alone in GP Surgeries and Children Centres
- Women may now bring one person with them to any appointment in the Antenatal Assessments Centres
- At the time of labour & as long as social distancing can be maintained – if the woman wishes a 2nd birth partner this be arranged after discussion the labour ward coordinator
- Visiting to the Maternity wards has now been extended from 1 hour to 3 hour slots this now includes the Induction of labour process
- Our priority must be the safety of all pregnant women, staff and visitors.
Our Maternity Teams are working hard as always to ensure you and your baby are kept safe and you have a positive experience of birth during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Redesigned our services in line with Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG).
- Implemented ‘Attend Anywhere’ virtual antenatal and postnatal consultations which helps personalise your care, when it is needed to be provided over the phone.
- Implemented routine swabbing for Covid 19 for; admissions to Labour Ward, Induction of Labour and for Elective Caesarean Sections.
- Encouraged early discharge home.
- Following national guidance of use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
We are ready and waiting to care for you and you baby, pandemic or not.
For further information on for pregnant women and their families, please click here.
For Further information on COVID-19 testing for maternity care, please click here.