- Lincoln labour ward –(01522) 573140
- Pilgrim labour ward – (01205) 445424
- Lincoln antenatal assessment centre (24 hours) – (01522) 573138
- Pilgrim antenatal assessment unit (8.45am to 4.45pm) – (01205) 445144
Supporting pregnant women using maternity services during the coronavirus pandemic
In view of recent Government update on Monday evening. Just a friendly reminder that our current visiting guidance remains unchanged. This guidance is from risk assessments based on abilities to social distance which helps ensure women, babies and staff are safe. Women may continue to bring one person with them for:
- Early Pregnancy Scans
- 12 week booking scans
- 20 week anomaly scans
- 36 week consultant appointments (not including scans)
- Any Labour ward admission for any reason (during labour one birthing partner only)
- Any AAU appointment
On admission for all inductions until the process has been commenced, following that the 3 hour daily booking appointment system will be in place for:
All planned caesarean sections
Following birth the accompanying person may remain until transfer from labour ward to maternity ward.
All women on Maternity Ward may have up to one visitor for a maximum of 3 hours per day.
All women who are admitted to ULHT will be offered and advised to have both a lateral flow Covid test on admission (results within 30 minutes) followed by a COVID PCR test (results approx. 24-72 hours). This will allow our staff to provide the safest level of care to all.
All women and support partners will be required to wear a face mask, women will not be required to wear one in labour.
Birth support partners will be advised to have a lateral flow test and PCR whilst they support their partners during the labour process. This includes caesarean sections.
We thank you for your continued support. The hospital continues to work through national guidance on visiting, whilst taking the necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of staff as required by legislation.
Our Maternity Teams are working hard as always to ensure you and your baby are kept safe and you have a positive experience of birth during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Redesigned our services in line with Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG).
- Implemented ‘Attend Anywhere’ virtual antenatal and postnatal consultations which helps personalise your care, when it is needed to be provided over the phone.
- Implemented routine swabbing for Covid 19 for; admissions to Labour Ward, Induction of Labour and for Elective Caesarean Sections.
- Encouraged early discharge home.
- Following national guidance of use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
We are ready and waiting to care for you and you baby, pandemic or not.
- C0441 – Maternity Leaflets CV19 Parent Information
- C0441 – Maternity Leaflets CV19 Planning Your Birth
- C0441 – Maternity Leaflets CV19 Looking After Yourself
- Coronavirus Parent Information leaflet for Newborn babies in Polish
- Breastfeeding support in Lincolnshire leaflet June 2020
For further information on for pregnant women and their families, please visit the RCOG website.
For Further information on COVID-19 testing for maternity care, please click download this swabbing information document.