The postgraduate centres at both Lincoln County Hospital and Pilgrim Hospital, Boston offer workshops, courses and training programmes for dental and medical staff. The postgraduate medical education centre at Grantham and District Hospital offers training programmes for all its medical staff.
Pilgrim Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Centre
The centre provides the infrastructure for the education of medical and dental personnel and postgraduate undergraduates. Medical students come from the University of Nottingham. Medical trainee doctors rotate within Health Education England (East Midlands).
The centre also provides the infrastructure for the Boston General Practice Training Scheme and the work of the GP Tutor in relation to continuing medical education of general practitioners in South Lincolnshire. The facilities are also utilised by Trust/career grade doctors and consultants for continuing professional development.
The centre comprises of a lecture theatre seating 90, courtyard room seating 30, Mckenzie room seating 40, seminar room seating 26 and lecture hall seating 50 – all equipped with teleconferencing facilities and audio visual equipment. For larger groups there is a conference hall. There is also a computer room with 10 workstations primarily for medical student use. These can be booked during office hours. The clinical skills laboratory is available for practical teaching sessions and for medical students to refresh.
The education centre is situated at the rear of the Pilgrim hospital.
How to book facilities
Please email PilgrimPGME.RoomBookings@ulh.nhs.uk
Opening hours are 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Dr A Falayajo, Foundation Programme Director (FY1)
Tel: (01205) 446084
David Powell, Pan Trust Centre Manager
Tel: (01205) 445332 – Boston (01522) 573866 – Lincoln
Grantham Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Centre
If you like the idea of working in a small, friendly hospital environment within easy reach of Nottingham, then Grantham is the place for you. We currently offer three FY1 and two FY2 rotations. Specialties include: general surgery, general and acute medicine, accident and emergency, psychiatry, anaesthetics and orthopaedics.
For more details, please contact us at: email@example.com
Lincoln Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Centre
Postgraduate Medical Education is the continuation of training for all junior doctors including foundation and core specialty trainees.
- Delivering the requirements of the foundation programme curriculum as approved by the General Medical Council’s (GMC) document Good Medical Practice (2006) and The Trainee Doctors (2011) (TTD).
- Administering rigorous patient safety standards within the teaching programmes.
- Promoting a culture of teaching and learning for all our staff and trainees to reinforce the safety and high quality healthcare that we provide for patients.
- Encouraging the personal development of each doctor.
- The provision of generic teaching and clinical skills training.
- Providing a variety of workplace experience for each doctor.
- Supporting trainees to acquire the necessary skills and experience through induction and educational supervision.
- Organising and delivering an induction to out Trust and subsequent training placements. Specifying an appropriate workload that allows time to learn.
- Supporting all doctors in their commitment to lifelong learning and their continued professional development. Ensuring that our trainers have the time to train, supervise and assess their trainees.
- Ensuring that our trainers are themselves appropriately trained to deliver high quality training and assessments.
- Creating a supportive environment providing management and supervision for each doctor.
- Supporting the Lincoln GP specialty training programme.
- Supporting the dental programme.
- The education centre is also used by other healthcare disciplines for workshops and training seminars.
Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education Centre
Lincoln County Hospital
Greetwell Road Lincoln
Direct dial: 01522 573874or through hospital switchboard on 01522 512512
Fax: 01522 548820
8am – 4.30pm (other times can be accommodated prior to arrangement).