What is the EACH?
The Lincolnshire Elective Activity Coordination Hub (EACH) is a centre that helps ensure patients who are referred for further care by their GP are getting the right NHS treatment in the right place.
Many referrals go through clinical triage to assess suitability and to determine the most appropriate place of care, and this also enables advice to be provided back to GPs to see if care can be provided within your practice or if a different referral route is recommended. This could be Hospitals (including Private) or community services.
- The Lincolnshire EACH will try to contact all patients by telephone.
- Calls may appear from an unknown number.
- The assistant will try to offer choice of provider and discuss the current position around waiting times and the best place of care for you.
- Depending on the clinical urgency of the referral you may also receive a text message asking you to call the team back within 48 working hours on 01522 309500 8-8pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- If the team cannot contact you, they may process your referral on your behalf to the most appropriate care setting but you will have the opportunity to call and change this.
- You will receive a confirmation letter of where your referral has been sent to/appointment date and time and a cover letter containing more information from the Lincolnshire EACH by post or email.
- The letter will also hold the contact numbers for the Lincolnshire EACH and the provider you have been referred to.
As we work on behalf of your GP practice, we encourage patients to contact Lincolnshire EACH, rather than your GP, in the first instance if you have any questions or issues you would like to discuss about your referral.
You may also be contacted by Lincolnshire EACH if you have been on a hospital waiting list for a certain length of time. This may be a simple welfare check, or to check if you are clinically suitable to be offered an alternative provider.
If you have any queries you can also contact us by email at [email protected] or on 01522 309500 Monday-Friday 8am – 8pm (excluding bank holidays)