We know that it is not always easy for you to get in touch with a patient in our hospitals. This may be because you live further away or that your loved one is on a ward with restricted visiting. To help you keep in contact with loved ones we offer a few different services – one of the best ways to keep in touch is through our Letters to a Loved One service.
If you have a loved one who has been admitted to any United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust hospital and you would like to send them a letter, message or photograph, we can help.
Many patients will be able to pick up the phone and call or message their friends and family members themselves. However not all will be able to do this.
If you would like to send a message or a letter to a loved one who is currently an inpatient in one of our hospitals please email it to email@example.com
How do I use this service?
At the beginning of your letter or message, please list:
- The patient’s full name
- The patient’s date of birth or address, if known
- The hospital site and ward
- Your message can include photos.
Important things to know:
- We will only accept messages addressed to specific patients from their family members or friends. We will not accept letters addressed to an anonymous patient, and will be unable to pass them on
- Please note, email is not a guaranteed secure method of communication. Personal or sensitive information is sent by email at the sender’s own risk
- We will try our best to ensure that all patients receive messages Monday-Friday
- We will acknowledge the receipt of your letter or message if you send it by email, but we will not be able to confirm if that message has been read. However if there is a problem in identifying the patient or delivering the letter we will let you know.