The neurology service at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust is broadly organised into north and south with access to Sheffield and Nottingham tertiary neuroscience centres respectively.
All patients admitted to Lincolnshire’s hospitals have access to an inpatient consultant neurology ward consultation service at the request of the consultants under whose care they remain. Transfers or admission to the regional tertiary neuroscience centres are available for patients requiring more specialist neurological or neurosurgical care.
A neurosurgical outpatient clinic led by David Jellinek and Marcel Ivanov, consultant neurosurgeons at Royal Hallamshire Hospital Sheffield, is held fortnightly.
There is one full time clinical multiple sclerosis (MS) nurse post in neurology department based in Lincoln County Hospital. Our MS nursing service undertakes clinics and provides monitoring and support to MS patients in the county. There is one part time specialist neuro-physiotherapist.
The neurology department has good links with Parkinson disease nurse under care of the elderly department and with CCG employed Parkinson disease nurses in community.
Physiotherapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation services are provided by the department of rehabilitation medicine.
The neurophysiology unit is based in Lincoln County Hospital and an outreach nerve conduction study service is provided at Pilgrim Hospital, Boston.
Lincoln County Hospital, Pilgrim Hospital Boston and Grantham and District Hospital have on-site radiology with CT and MR facilities. Lincoln County Hospital has image-link facilities with the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield and Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham for neuroradiology reporting when required.
The neurology service holds four neurology clinics per week at Pilgrim Hospital, Boston.
Patients (16 or older) with, or suspected of, any neurological disease are welcomed.
The neurology service offer all day clinic on Mondays weekly at Grantham and District Hospital.
Patients (16 years or above) with, or suspected of, any neurological disease are welcomed.
The neurology service offers nine outpatients clinics per week at Lincoln County Hospital.
Patients (16 years or older) with, or suspected of, any neurological diseases are welcome.
Staff working within the neurology department in United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust include:
- Dr Alex Kirjazovas works at Lincoln County Hospital with sessions at Pilgrim Hospital Boston with links to Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
- Dr Carlo Solinas works at Lincoln County Hospital with sessions at Pilgrim Hospital Boston with links to Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- Dr Miles Humberstone works at Lincoln County Hospital with sessions at Grantham and District Hospital with links to Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Professor Basil Sharrack works at Lincoln County Hospital, visiting from Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield
- Dr Sumeet Singhal works at Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, visiting from Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Dr Athanasios Papathanasiou works at Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, visiting from Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham
- Shannon Gaughan, Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Specialist
- Michelle Moir-Holland, MS Coordinator
- Paula Waite, Neurology Secretary, Lincoln County Hospital (part time)
- Claire Bull, Neurology Secretary, Grantham and District Hospital
- Louisa Wade, Speciality Co-ordinator, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston
Information about neurology procedures