Clinical neurophysiology referrals are accepted from Trustwide consultants, GP’s and other external providers. A service is provided for both adults and paediatrics and to both inpatients and outpatients county wide.
Investigations are performed by both consultant clinical neurophysiologists and clinical physiologists and include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG): Recording of the electrical activity of the brain including routine EEG’s, sleep deprived EEG’s, melatonin induced sleep EEG’s and 24/48hr ambulatory EEG’s
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS): Electrical signals of the nerves
- Electromyography (EMG): Electrical signals of the nerves and muscles
- Visual Evoked Potentials (VEP): Responses of the brain to a visual stimulus
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials (SSEP): Responses of the central and peripheral nervous system to electrical stimulation
For any further information on any of the above tests please visit this link: http://www.ansuk.org/tests
The clinical neurophysiology service is based at Lincoln County Hospital (LCH) and is located on Hemswell Clinic, ground floor, maternity wing.
Inpatient referrals need to be sent via e-referral along with a phone call to the department to discuss the request.