Stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest causes of sickness absence in society, and to provide the best and most effective care for patients we want to create a work environment that supports staff and helps them maintain their mental health.
This two-day course teaches you to spot the signs that someone may be experiencing mental health issues and to give you the confidence to provide initial assistance, by listening, reassuring and responding.
Our Metal Health First Aiders have with the following skills:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills, such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support.
To find out the dates for the next course, e-mail: [email protected] or call 01522 573597.