Patients visiting Lincoln County Hospital for urology investigations have given the service an overwhelming vote of approval in a urology
The urology investigation suite at the hospital sees approximately 650 patients a month for urological cancer investigations and treatments and continence assessments and treatments.
Staff on the unit recently developed a questionnaire for patients, to measure patient satisfaction with the unit and the care provided with the aim of identifying where improvements could be made.
The questionnaires were given to around 700 patients who used the suite between March and May 2017 and 122 responses were returned.
The results show that:
- 100% of patients had confidence and trust in health care person who was treating or advising
- 100% of patients said that they were always treated with courtesy and respect by the nurses
- 99% of patients stated that they were always treated with courtesy and respect by the clinicians
- 100% of patients felt that the information received help them to understand their condition
- 99% of patients would recommend the service to family and friends
Comments made on the survey included:
“All staff are excellent, caring, friendly and professional.” and “It is wonderful being seen by happy staff who can’t do enough for you and are easy to talk to.”
In addition, patients were asked about the clinic environment, and the results showed:
- 96.7% of patients rated the cleanliness of the waiting area as excellent or good
- 99.1% of patients rated the cleanliness of the toilets as excellent or good
- 99.1% of patients rated the cleanliness of the treatment rooms as excellent or good
- 93.4% of patients rated the comfort of the waiting areas as excellent or good
Nurse Consultant in Urology, Zina Bojin, said: “We were overwhelmed with the positivity of the responses.
“We created the survey to identify areas where patient needs are and are not met within the Urology Investigation Suite (UIS) at Lincoln and to identify levels of patient satisfaction.
“The results are ever so positive and the comments patients left regarding our practice and dedication are absolutely amazing. We are so proud.”
Patient Helen Richards (50) from Lincoln has been seen at the urology investigation suite every other week for the last nine years. She said:
“I have a suprapubic catheter and go to the suite often for bladder injections and for catheter care, I cannot say enough how fantastic they are.
“All of the staff are fantastic, they are flexible will change appointments, even at short notice, to make it easier for me. They go out of their way to support me.
“The suite itself it quite small, but it’s absolutely lovely, friendly and makes you feel at ease. I actually quite like going to hospital, and it’s not often you can say that.”