- Counselling – for work and personal support
- Mental health first aid
- Health check MoTs
- Counselling skills training
- Eye tests, free spectacles and safety spectacles
- Are you a flu fighter?
- It’s not all about work
Our vision is to deliver excellence in rural healthcare and we need to have the best people working to their full potential if we are to provide safe and effective patient-centred care.
We know that the health and wellbeing of our staff (both physical and mental) has a direct impact on clinical outcomes and the experiences of our patients, their carers and families.
That’s why we provide an all-round package of support for our staff, helping them to look after their own health and to support those around them.
We are creating a supportive, self-help approach which encourages staff to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing. In return, we will work with you to ensure we identify and minimise anything that could harm your emotional and physical health. We will also ensure managers have the key skills, knowledge and ability to support their teams.
On top of the core occupational health services, we have a number of innovative ways to support our staff, including:
- In-house counselling
- Mental Health First Aid and mindfulness courses
- Training for staff and managers is emotional and wellbeing resilience
- Health check MoTs where we measure body mass index (BMI), blood pressure and glucose levels and offer a lifestyle risk assessment
- An overall health and wellbeing assessment
- Counselling training for managers
- Cognitive behavioural therapy training for managers.