- Dr David O'Brien
- Job title
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist/Clinical Director Pan Trust Cardiology
- GMC number
- MB ChB university of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School – 1995
- MRCP Royal College of Pysicians London – 1998
- MD University of Leicester – 2005
- Interventional Cardiology Fellowship - University of Alberta, Canada – 2007
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London – 2014
- Medical interests
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Complex percutaneous coronary interventional techniques
- Contact number
- 01522 512512
Having qualified in Scotland and completed medical rotations in Dundee, moved to Leicester to undertake a period of research leading to the award of MD for thesis on vascular ageing in health and disease and non invasive assessment of vascular stiffness and central aortic pressures. Joined a cardiology training programme at Nottingham University hospitals training at Queen's Medical Centre, Lincoln County Hospital and Nottingham, City Hospital. interventional Cardiology Trainee at Trent Cardiac Centre leading to CCT in cardiology.
Moved to Canada to complete a one year Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the University of Alberta, Canada. Came back to the UK to help envelop the Interventional Cardiology service at ULHT, ultimately resulting in the development and opening of a new Lincolnshire Heart Centre, delivering 24/7 primary angioplasty for patients presenting with acute heart attacks.
Recently taken the role of Clinical Director for Pan Trust Cardiology and Cardiac Physiology to help develop the cardiology service across all main hospital sites of ULHT. In what spare time I have I enjoy spending time with my family, running, (having previouslycompleted the London Marathon for the British Heart Foundation), walking (having completed the National 3 Peaks challenge, again for the British Heart Foundation) and cycling.