- Mr Amit Shukla
- Job title
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon
- GMC number
- MBBS – 1993
- MS (General Surgery) – 1996
- FRCS (General Surgery) – 2008
- Medical interests
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery for bowel cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease surgery
- HALO procedure for haemorrhoids
- Management of complex abdominal wall hernias
- eLAPE (Extended laparoscopic abdomino perineal excision of rectum)
- Limberg (rhomboid) flap repair of pilonidal sinus disease
- Contact number
- 01522 512512
Mr. Amit Shukla underwent his basic medical and surgical training in India. In the UK he began his training at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle and after completion of basic surgical training in the North East of England, he undertook a period of research at the University of Edinburgh into stem cell derivation from the liver. He was selected for higher surgical training in the Trent deanery/ East Midland area and completed an out of programme appointment in laparoscopic colorectal surgery at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.
His interests lie in medical education and development of colorectal surgical techniques. Since joining as a consultant at Lincoln County Hospital in 2011, he has continued to develop his surgical skills and add more procedures to the range of operations that he carries out.
He is the lead clinician for the colorectal MDT (Grantham and Lincoln) and the principal investigator for the trust on the national EPOCH trial.