The ULHT communications and engagement team work to make sure staff, patients, the public and stakeholders are aware of our good work, successes, priorities and initiatives, and have the opportunity to input into our decisions. We work hand-in-hand to promote the reputation of the organisation through our members, staff, the public and the media.
The team supports the wider organisation in achieving its objectives.
The aim of this annual plan is to outline how the communications and engagement team will help promote the Trust to enhance the reputation of the organisation, and keep staff and public informed and engaged on key business, with use of clear consistent messages.
Our communications and engagement activities will support the delivery of our annual organisational objectives.
Within these, the big three priorities for the year are:
- Support the organisation to improve recruitment and retention.
- Improve delayed discharges by educating the public on their responsibilities on discharging patients home quickly, and internal campaigns to reduce length of stay.
- Boost our reputation to increase ULHT’s elective market share.
The communications and engagement objectives will support delivery of the six organisational objectives, with a primary focus on the three priorities.
Our objectives are:
1. Build ULHT brand – Raise profile of ULHT as trusted credible organisation.
2. To establish an annual programme of proactive communications campaigns that support delivery of the Trust’s objectives.
3. Embed communications and engagement as a key part of any service development, quality improvement, transformation and change programme.
4. To ensure our engagement is inclusive, robust and provide meaningful data, so that Lincolnshire’s diverse communities have opportunities to become involved with the Trust.
5. To increase awareness of the health services, and quality of them, so we provide so public choose to come to ULHT.
6. To ensure staff understand how they contribute to the Trust objectives, feel informed on the work of the Trust and feel valued as an employee.
7. To establish our reputation regionally by improving relationships with regional media (eg BBC East Midlands) and trade press.